Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default Citroen hype

"Goofball_star_dot_etal" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:22:18 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

"Goofball_star_dot_etal" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:16:11 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

Gear drive turntables provide the lowest possible maintenance. New
developments in synthetic hypoid oil, combined with a concentric rubber
shaft coupling, will finally permit the creation of equipment with a
hundred
year lifetime.

Hypoid turntables -- when the vinyl hits the road!

I suppose you know what "Hypoid" means..

ps. Citroen inverted what type of gear?

The hypoid gear was invented by Nikola John Trbojevich
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/.../Memorial1.htm
You don't believe all that Citroen hype, do you?

Did I say they invented the hypoid gear? I asked you if you knew what
it was you had said. (pre-Google). So tell us why you want a motor
sticking out of the side of a turntable, off axis..

One advantage of the gear drive turntable is the ability to locate the motor
far from the pickup. A 30' teleflex cable is optimal for the purpose.
Otherwise, remoting the motor a sufficient distance requires drilling a hole
in the floor. This can result in difficult relations for apartment tenants.