Mark P.

Default Wiring/Connecting Genelec 1029A and 1091A

On 13 Jul 2003 15:33:56 -0700, (The Ranger)
touched these keys:

I just bought used Genelec 1020A speakers and 1091A sub...without any
documentation and wires. I am trying to hook these up to Sony ES333
receiver. But I am little confused.

I found a diagram that shows 1091A sub. hooks up to both of the
speakers. And XLR cable from each of the speaker goes to the
receiver.

Sony ES333 has RCA connection as shown below. L and R RCA plugs for
front and Rear.

FRONT REAR
---- ----
|()| L |()| L
|()| R |()| R
---- ----

Can someone help me with exactly what kind of and how many wires I
need to buy to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

You're gonna need a -10db to +4 db impedence matcher. Consumer gear
is -10 db and pro gear like the Genelecs are -4 db. Pro gear would
blast consumer stuff and consumer gear would just whisper to pro gear.
You will need something like an Aphex 10/4 interface Model 124A. It's
a two channel box so you will need several of them. Tascam or Mackie
may make cheaper versions of them. I paid $275 for my Aphex 5 years
ago.
Good luck.

Mark P.

rockville md na terra solsys orion arm....