Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Digiman Digiman is offline

Default RIAA

"Sonnova" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:09:53 -0700, Dave wrote
(in article ):

"Digiman" wrote in message
Just got hold of an Adcom GCA-510 amp. Its basically an GFA-535 with a
passive volume control, and quite rare.
To the point: no phono stage. A little googling on the subject shows a
lot
of $49 rediscover-your-records small tin cans with names like B-tech,
C-tech, Super-tech or whatever, ( why are all these totally unknown
companies making riaa-units?) at the cheap end and $800 big black boxes
with
gold lettering at the other. Is there nothing inbetween? I have the NAD
PP1
and the QED discsaver lying somewhere but I dont think these would do
my
amp or my records justice.
Any recommendations in the $2-300 area?
_________
Digiman

www.phonopreamps.com

These are inexpensive, I have used the TC-760 with an MC cartridge as my
amp
at the time only had a MM Phono stage. Works great, very quiet, and
cheap.

Try the little Bellari VP129 for about $250. It's a tube preamp and is
excellent.

http://tinyurl.com/ko9fru

I suppose tubes is the way to go. Here's a couple of links to illustrate
what my home set-up is about.
http://www.vinylengine.com/phpBB2/al...&user_id=53762