Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Digiman Digiman is offline

Default RIAA

"John Stone" wrote in message
On 8/11/09 5:07 PM, in article ,
"Digiman"
wrote:

Just got hold of an Adcom GCA-510 amp. Its basically an GFA-535 with a
passive volume control, and quite rare.
To the point: no phono stage. A little googling on the subject shows a
lot
of $49 rediscover-your-records small tin cans with names like B-tech,
C-tech, Super-tech or whatever, ( why are all these totally unknown
companies making riaa-units?) at the cheap end and $800 big black boxes
with
gold lettering at the other. Is there nothing inbetween? I have the NAD
PP1
and the QED discsaver lying somewhere but I dont think these would do my
amp or my records justice.
Any recommendations in the $2-300 area?
_________

Check out these guys. Lots of possibilities in your price range:

http://www.musicdirect.com/category/24

A friend has the Lehman audio unit. It sounds pretty good, but a little
above your price range.

Great site with a lot of good offers, but, I live in Norway, with the
european 220V currency. This is quite possibly a stupid question, but
wouldn't that be a problem?
________
Digiman