Garthrr

Default Would this make any sense

In article , "DaveDrummer"
writes:

I love the ease and conviencne of digital recording. It also sounds good,
but analog tape pushed, sounds better. Would it make sense to record to
digital, then push the mixdown to tape, then back to digital? For that
analog sound? Thanks

Thats one idea. Some people also record first to analog and then later mix in
digi. Others take their final mix done to digital and transfer it to analog to
master it. I suspect there are differences in the way things sound depending on
what stage the A/D or D/A conversion is done at.

Garth~

"I think the fact that music can come up a wire is a miracle."
Ed Cherney