Scott Dorsey

Default Convert Mac WAV to Windows WAV??

Eric Endres wrote:
Hi there. A studio recently transferred some recordings for me to edit on
my home system. We had asked to have everything in WAV format, but didn't
specify we were using Windows. They were transferred to CDs from a MAC Pro
Tools system, but the CDs don't show any files and nothing will come up when
trying to upload the files to my system. The CDs do show the megabytes that
are taken up on the discs, so the information is obviously there, but it's
not compatible.

if you can't see the files at all, it's not a matter of the files being in
the wrong format, it's a matter of the CD being in the wrong format I bet.
By "not see them" you mean that if you go to the "My Computer" icon and
select the CD device that it's empty, right?

Ask them if they made you an ISO fileystem, or if there is a Mac filesystem
on that CD.

Is there a simple way to convert what is there to be accessed by Windows
software (Cool Edit Pro, er... Adobe Audition)? Is a conversion program
needed? The studio will do it again if necessary, but I'd rather save some
time and hassle if possible. And if they do have to transfer the files
again, is there a step they need to take to make sure the WAVs will be
compatible with Windows? They weren't sure, either.

Shouldn't be any problem if they make you an ISO CD. You should be able to
see the files and load them.