Arny Krueger

Default Convert Mac WAV to Windows WAV??

"Eric Endres" wrote in message
hlink.net

Hi there. A studio recently transferred some recordings for me to
edit on my home system. We had asked to have everything in WAV
format, but didn't specify we were using Windows. They were
transferred to CDs from a MAC Pro Tools system, but the CDs don't
show any files and nothing will come up when trying to upload the
files to my system. The CDs do show the megabytes that are taken up
on the discs, so the information is obviously there, but it's not
compatible.

Is it possible that the discs are in CD audio format and need to be extraced
using a DAE program like CDEX or EAC?

Is there a simple way to convert what is there to be accessed by
Windows software (Cool Edit Pro, er... Adobe Audition)? Is a
conversion program needed? The studio will do it again if necessary,
but I'd rather save some time and hassle if possible. And if they do
have to transfer the files again, is there a step they need to take
to make sure the WAVs will be compatible with Windows? They weren't
sure, either.

IME there's very little that Adobe Audition/Cool Edit Pro can't convert to a
useful form. In those few cases where this was true, nothing else seemed to
work, either. Remember, CE 2.x and Audition now include a fairly flexible
DAE facility for reading CD audio discs.

However, in some cases experimentation with file parameters is required in
the CE/Audition file open dialog boxes.