Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtougas jtougas is offline

Default Good Idea/Bad Idea - Normalizing?

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:29:34 GMT, Mike Rivers
trained 100 monkeys to jump on the keyboard and write:

Laurence Payne wrote:
I think not.

normalized one or two of the channels in the tracks since they were a
little quieter than the others."

Picky, picky.

I don't know why I bother trying to figure out what people mean when
there are others much more imaginative than I am. Who uses the
terminology "channels in the tracks?" A mixer has channels. A recorder
has tracks. You could boost (or normalize) a track in a channel, but not
the other way around.

I wanted to be careful since I knew that 'tracks' could "individual
instruments recorded within a song" or "individual songs".

Sorry for the nonstandard use. ;-)
--
jtougas

"listen- there's a hell of a good universe next door
let's go" - e.e. cummings