Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Trevor Wilson

Default should I call Krueger's pastor?

"surf" wrote in message
"Trevor Wilson" wrote:

........... If it is not possible to observe such a creature, nor measure
it's existence, then it does not exist.

disagree.

**Then you are entitled to your delusion.

Read the Bible.
It may be the word of God.
God may speak to you.

**No.

Trevor - it's possible the Bible is the inspired word of God.

**The Bible was written by humans. That much is known absolutely. If those
humans were deluded, then that is also possible.

.....The Bible is a book, written by scientifically illiterate people,
some 100-odd years after the death of Jesus (New Testament). It variously
contains philosophy, poetry, history, fiction and other stuff. Moreover,
it has been politically altered over the years and badly translated in
sections. It is an interesting and highly flawed document. It must ALWAYS
be viewed in that context. Treating the Bible as a kind of reference is a
fatal mistake.

Agreed. The Bible should not be used as a reference.

As I said to Art, to believe that the universe banged into existence
from nothing without cause takes a large amount of faith.

**We (human beings) do not know how the universe came about. We have some
theories and some wild speculation. It is quite probable that we will
never know for sure.

We know it's expanding. Don't most scientists subscribe to the Big Bang
theory?

**Yes. What is not known is what happened during the first few microseconds
of the Big Bang. The laws of physics, as we know them, do not operate within
the physical constraints of what must have been in existence at that time.

Yes - it's the nature of nothingness. Occasionally, it explodes.
Once it exploded and 77 variables, each with an infinite number
of possible values, all took the precise value that allow
carbon-based life to evolve. Lucky.

**Not so much. The universe is extremely large and the chances of life
appearing somewhere, sometime, was quite high.

Now you're talking about life appearing in this universe. We haven't yet
figured out how or why the universe "appeared".

**The 'how may never be known. The 'why' is a nonsensical question.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au