Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Trevor Wilson

Default should I call Krueger's pastor?

"surf" wrote in message
"Trevor Wilson" wrote...

That it banged into
existence
from nothingness without cause?

**No one knows. That part of our history is under intense investigation.
Just as religion has never been able to address any of the questions
raised by the major branches of science, there is no point in turning to
religion for answer in the area of cosmology either. After all, it was
the Catholic Church which locked up Galileo for suggesting that the Earth
revolved around the Sun.

Religion needs to stick to what it does best: Philosophy and poetry. It
should leave actual science to actual scientists.

Faith in God is as George has said. It's not a condition. It's a verb.
To believe in God is to commit your life to that supposition. No one
knows for sure that God exists, any more than you can prove it's
gobbledygook.

**There is not now, nor has there ever been a single shred of evidence to
suggest that any supernatural creatures exist. It is, therefore, not
reasonable to include the supernatural as part of the the explanation for
the forces and processes we observe. Can I prove the non-existence of
anything? Of course not. However, like differences in amplifiers, if they
cannot be measured, nor (reliably) heard, then they do not exist. Likewise,
the supernatural (God). If it is not possible to observe such a creature,
nor measure it's existence, then it does not exist.

I believe this is true: until you decide to believe in God, you will
continue to search for a truth. If you decide to believe in God,
you will feel better............. if for no other reason than you will
be done searching. Read the Bible.

**I've read the Bible. Many times.

It may be the word of God.
God may speak to you.

**No. The Bible is a book, written by scientifically illiterate people, some
100-odd years after the death of Jesus (New Testament). It variously
contains philosophy, poetry, history, fiction and other stuff. Moreover, it
has been politically altered over the years and badly translated in
sections. It is an interesting and highly flawed document. It must ALWAYS be
viewed in that context. Treating the Bible as a kind of reference is a fatal
mistake. Without corroberating evidence, the information contained within
the Bible should be treated as suspect.

As I said to Art, to believe that the universe banged into existence
from nothing without cause takes a large amount of faith.

**We (human beings) do not know how the universe came about. We have some
theories and some wild speculation. It is quite probable that we will never
know for sure.

Yes - it's the nature of nothingness. Occasionally, it explodes.
Once it exploded and 77 variables, each with an infinite number
of possible values, all took the precise value that allow
carbon-based life to evolve. Lucky.

**Not so much. The universe is extremely large and the chances of life
appearing somewhere, sometime, was quite high.

And... if you listen carefully,
you can hear the difference between two well built SS amplifiers
not driven to clipping.

**Certainly, if one of those amps is poorly designed. I've certainly heard
it.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au