Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default To Ito us

"G" wrote in message
On May 12, 3:05 pm, Doug Freyburger wrote:
G wrote:

Had hearing test today, passed.

Are there now other types of hearing test available?

The last time I had a hearing test they put me in a silent sound proofed
room and played quiet sounds to me. Okay, sounds nice in theory but how
does that apply to hearing in the real world?

I want to have background noise like I'm on the Interstate next to an 18
wheeler and then play recordings of voice at me and see if I can even
tell that it's happening. Filtering matters and it should be possible
to measure it.

)My hearing test included a voice saying different words which i had to
)repeat. Sat in a half cage, started to get a little warm.

Right, there is more to proper hearing tests than just the threshold Vs
frequency levels. Vocal intelligibility tests are often done with and
without masking noise (usually white noise, but can be pink etc.) which sort
of equates to the "18 wheeler on the interstate plus voice" test Doug was
after.

Trevor.