Posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI JBI is offline

Default was recommending a Presonus E5 smart advice?

On 03/01/2018 05:25 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
ConcernedAudiophile wrote:
I am referring to the recent suggestion(s) here for a wannabe mix
artist for a monitor at low cost.Â* According to my research, this
model seems to have an issue blowing fuses after a year or so and most
often after warranty.Â* Just wanted to give a "heads up" that the buyer
should beware and perhaps go with unactive speakers with an amp.

I would not recommend a Presonus anything. I've seen too many
of them go into self-protection for no apparent reason.

Wow, guys, thanks for the info! Unfortunately, I didn't come across the
blown fuses issue until reading this thread earlier today.

Well, these are both new and can be returned. I wonder if I should and
then go with the passive monitors with amp?