Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mal Thomas Mal Thomas is offline

Default Optical vs Copper

On 4/12/08 10:29 AM, in article
, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Mal Thomas" wrote in message

On 3/12/08 8:59 PM, in article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Mal Thomas" wrote in message

I noted a brief quip in a recent Hi-Fi Choice mag that a
metal digital cable (coax) sounds better than an optical
cable.

That is a very old urban myth.

Obviously what sounds better to someone is
entirely subjective (assuming no major defects along the
way).

Not true.

Huh ? Not subjective ?? ********.

Obviously you can't read and are therefore not worth much of my time. But
I'll waste this much on you.

Read again, the astatement was "Obviously what sounds better to someone is
entirely subjective"

You sort of dropped the word "entirely".

You are right. I did inadvertently misquote myself. Even given that, the
key word in my mind was 'subjective'. Does my omission of the word
'entirely' really change the point that much ? I am not an expert in
linguistics by any measure - but I wouldn't have thought so.

Cheers
Mal
Oz