Mike Rivers

In article writes:

I'm using electret mics (AT853), with a self-made battery power circuit. I
plug these mics into mic in on the minidisc. I don't think there is enough
gain on the line input of the Jukebox to take these. I'm planning on using an
external preamp and A/D (Edirol UA5) but have not got around to this yet.
Minidisc is just too convenient for now.

I like a one-box solution. I don't think that a recorder, no matter
how tiny it is, is very convenient when you have to string it together
with an outbouard mic preamp and/or mic power supply.

High capacity disks are about $7 to $10. But you can record an unlimited
number of times. I've got four discs right now and I just keep cycling
through them.

Is that enough to cover a day's worth of festival recording? Or two,
or three days? These tiny recorders are convenient for short term
projects, but eventually you have to unload them so you can re-use the
media. The nice thing about the Minidisk is that the recording media
is removable and storable. The not-so-nice thing is that its per-hour
cost is fairly high.

Choices and preferences.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )