Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] flagshipaudio@googlemail.com is offline

Default m-audio delta 1010 problems

hello,

I've recently switched to MOTU hardware after having real probems with
my delta 1010 breakout boxes. I purchased 2 delta 1010, one from when
they first came on the market and a newer one off ebay.

The problem seems to be the tacky +4/-10 switch on the back of the
breakout box, the input/output becomes intermittent until i push the
switch a few times. All the cabling is absolutely fine.

This happened with the first unit i bought about a year after buying it
and is now at the point where it's virtually unusable. The second unit
seems to be starting to suffer from the same problem.

Am i just incredibly unlucky or is this a common problem with these
units, is it worth changing the switches for something better?

Anyway, i got a motu 24io and a 2408 now, i was much happier until my
2408 started making this crazy whirring sound like a dodgy fan from
time to time, argghhh, i am unlucky

happy new year.

Robin G