Mark D. Zacharias

Default newbie question don't laugh: but what is that sticky stuff near the counterweight of the tonearm

I think it's just silicon oil used to keep the counterweight from moving
around on it's own. It would have the added benefit of damping some
vibration in that part of the arm assembly.

Mark Z.

"S. S." wrote in message
om...
As the subject suggested this is a stupid question from a newbie. I
wonder what is the sticky glue-like stuff in dark color that is near
the counterweight whole where the armtube goes through.