Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Shaun Shaun is offline

Default Headphone amp with crossfeed

"Michael Chan" wrote in message
On 15 Aug 2010 13:34:01 GMT, "Shaun" wrote:

Hello group,

I was wondering if anyone had some experience with Headphone amplifiers
with
the crossfeed circuit built into it. I'm interested in less listening
fatigue and a more realistic listening experience with imaging. I know of
couple of companies that make them; any reviews or listener experience.

Meier Audio's amplifier products implement crossfeed technology for years
and it
was further improved on the DAC product StageDAC. As a years old user, I
am a
fan of crossfeed, the effect may not such significant in pop music records
but
it is noticeable in classical music. The soundstage becomes more realistic
with
crossfeed enabled, so you may feel it is natural and not so easily be
fatigue.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at building a Corda Cross-1 filter from
scratch and I've already ordered parts for it. What I didn't know it that
they had amplifiers with it built in. Maybe I'll save up some money and buy
one of those.

regards,

Shaun