Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default Moving-coil cartridges

In article ,
Sonnova wrote:

I certainly have no problem with musicians "arranging" the works of the
masters as long as you have no problem with me exercising my right to reject
them. I prefer, in most cases, to hear the composer's intentions (to the
extent possible in any performing art) as opposed to someone who chooses to
second-guess the composer by actually changing what the composer wrote.
Conductors have enough latitude with regard to tempi and dynamics to express
their interpretations of a work without having to resort to actually
physically changing them. Just my opinion, you understand. This subject is
largely a matter of taste and I'm certainly not dogmatic about it.

I very much agree with you. I greatly prefer my Beethoven straight up,
thanks! I'm just saying that arranging a composer's work is a legit
activity, as long as the changes are stated up front.