Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Walker Walker is offline

Default You Tell 'Em, Arnie!

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
"Walker" wrote in message

You don't have to believe me and even if you can convince
me with medical devices that it's in my head it's an improved sound and
worth the money.

I'm not running out to spend another $2K for the rest of the system and
the
TV surround system. My system is conservatively worth $7K and the $600 is
less than 10%. IMHO spending $500 for cabling a -$2K system is crazy and
the
money can be better spent on upgrading the components.

Huh? First you say it is worth the money, then you say spending $500 on
cabling is crazy. Can you parse that out for me?

Gary Eickmeier

What I said was that the $600 was less than 10% of the value of my system
and justifiable to the extent of being a minor part of it and that spending
$500.00 is overkill on an over the counter system with $20.00 worth of
Chinese parts. A gravel road with a small stretch of smooth pavement in the
middle is still considered a gravel road.

I spent over $500.00 for coils and caps alone upgrading my crossovers and if
nothing else the quality of the cables are a much better match than lamp
cord and off of the wall interconnects. I have a TV surround system with $6K
worth of vintage Altec and JBL speakers. The receiver is a Sony ES and all
of the stuff I use is connected either optical or DA and there's not a
single analog interconnect. I'll upgrade their respective crossovers with
the 1/2 the money of premium speaker cables and after that I'll add separate
amps and get the drivers remagnetized. By that time the system will be worth
around $20K and then I might consider new $2K speaker cables; again around
10% of the value of the system.

Bob W