Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default You Tell 'Em, Arnie!

On Jul 9, 10:17*am, Steven Sullivan wrote:
Scott wrote:
On Jul 8, 2:28?pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Jul 8, 10:33?am, Scott wrote:

On Jul 8, 3:06?am, Ed Seedhouse wrote:

On Jul 7, 8:07?am, "Walker" wrote:
?new ones. You don't have to believe me and even if you can convince

me with medical devices that it's in my head it's an improved sound and
worth the money.
Bob Walker

Well then I expect soon we will read a newspaper story about how the
JREF foundation has given you a million dollars for proving that you
can hear such differences under blind conditions. ?Such a test should
be trivial for you to pass and surely you would not turn down an easy
million dollars?

That's an article that will never be written. JREF are basically
running a shell game with their so called challenge. Any real
demonstration of cables having different sound will ultimately be
disqualified since the cause of such a difference will be within the
laws of physics.

As it should be as most exotic cable manufacturers make claims of
magical properties outside the laws of physics.

the question isn't claims by manufacturers. the question is audible
differences between cables.

The question is claims by manufacturers that are echoed by the more excitable and credulous
reviwer contingent in thye high-end publications. *Pear Cables for example claimed that its
published data show that it's cables would sound better than others, and a high end reviewer
raved about how 'danceable' they sounded.

There is no question that audible differnece CAN exist between cables.

There are occacionally reasons where cables may make an
audible difference. ? High source impedance devices requiring low
capacitance
cables or noise due to ground impedances (ground loops) are two that
quickly come to mind. ?But none of these require hi-dollar cables to
address.

According to Ed proving that will get you a million dollars form the
JREF.
I am skeptical that the JREF has actually made such an open challenge.

Feel free to apply for it, and see. *

I don't need to apply. I have read the rules. I know that my
application will be rejected. But tell you what. You have my
permission to apply on my behalf. Give it a shot. see for yourself
that this is not an open challenge of any claims of audible differnces
between cables.