Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

Default The curse of the Terrierborg: corruption

Schizoid Man wrote:
wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message

Frankly, I'd like a real national debate on immigration, population
growth, deficit spending (and its need for economic/population growth
to sustain). It's mind boggling to me that many non-minority
liberals who support open borders also support kyoto without realizing
that open borders fuels this nations growth and CO2 output. Of course
halting that suicidal trend would create decades of flat to
recessionary economies.... but I've decided its our only hope. Else
by 2100 the US will be billion people and facing the need for Chinese
style population growth measures. As it is we control our destiny
much as an ant colony, at the will of nature.

The last I heard the only reason population is growing in the U.S is because
of immigration. If you factor the immigrants out, we'd be depopulating.
Perhaps the birth rate has changed?

True. One of the reasons that the United States is not (yet) going down
the road of social and economic meltdown like Germany or France. There
is a large, young, working population whose tax contributions are enough
to keep social services sustainable.

Yet the meltdown is inevitable. Do you want to endure it now with a
population of ~280 million or wait 50 years and try to handle it with a
population of over 400 million?.... or keep the immigration coming even
then so we can afford the social service needs of another couple of
indebted generations and have the meltown in 2100 with another 200
million or more added to the mix?

ScottW