Posted to rec.audio.high-end
David E. Bath David E. Bath is offline

Default Where can I find lossless downloads of individual tunes?

In article ,
Audio Empire writes:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 05:09:32 -0700, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

Since everybody's computer audio interface passes only PCM-signals, any
possible or impossible advantages of DSD get lost well before the music hits
the PC's output terminals.

Now that depends upon how one plays it back. Until one actually plays it,
it's just a computer file. When I play it, I transfer the FILE to my Korg
MR-1000 and play it through my stereo from that. I get real DSD playback. I
understand that there are several software players for the Mac that will
correctly decode DSD as well. There might be for Windows as well, but I don't
"do" music on my Windows laptop, so I cannot say.

A quick Google seach for Windows DSD plugin found this:

http://dsd-playback-plug-in.software.informer.com/

--
David Bath - RAHE Co-moderator