Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Greg Wormald Greg Wormald is offline

Default Where can I find lossless downloads of individual tunes?

In article ,
Robert Peirce wrote:

I use iTunes as a music server. Everything in it right now is AIF from
CDs and LPs. I thought to download some tunes from Apple but they are
all AAC. (AAC is described as being better than MP3, which I guess is
like having crap without the smell.) For some reason they don't support
AIF.

Is there a source of lossless downloads of individual tunes out there
somewhere? I did a google search but could not find anything. Some
sites weren't working and the ones I found that were didn't have the
kind of music I listen to. Mostly I listen to jazz but also some older
rock and classical.

There are very few that are legal--which is one reason that peer-to-peer
sharing via torrents, and the binary newsgroups are so popular.

Good luck in finding what you want.

Greg