Roko Roko is offline
Junior Member

Question HiFi Speakers to Computer

Hi all,

I'm new here, and for starters I have a really noobish question:

Why exactly is it impossible to connect HiFi Speakers to a computer (except because of the fact that they don't have a mini-jack plug (at least mine don't) )?

I know it's possible to connect a computer to a HiFi system (by plugging it into "Line In"/"AUX"), but I would like to be able to do it without the Hi-Fi system, only with the speakers.

I guess what I really want to know is what kind of a 'converter' is there inside the Hi-Fi system..? Does it modify the signal from the computer, or is it merely a small circuit just adapting the amperage/voltage/impedance/whatever..?

Thanks in advance