Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Apogee DAX XLR inputs -- Male or Female?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 07:34:21 -0700, Walt wrote
(in article ):

On 9/4/2012 1:26 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
I am in VA and my DAX is in PA but I want to order a couple of 1/4" TRS
to XLR cables right now. Unfortunately, the "shopping basket" I created
at monoprice was emptied and I can't remember if the XLRs were male or
female. Does anybody know?

I'm unfamiliar with that unit, the the standard for XLR is that inputs
are female and outputs are male. I'd be very surprised if this unit did
not adhere to that standard.

As for whether pin 2 or pin 3 is "hot" you're on your own for that. (c:

It's generally pin 2 that's hot in pro audio gear.