Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Raymond Koonce Raymond Koonce is offline

Default New amp

Ian Iveson wrote:

Raymond Koonce wrote

Here's a link to a project I've had on the bench for a while and got
finished today. I learned quite a bit on this one.

http://www.timebanditaudio.com/47%20Amp/Carmen47.html

It sounds as good as it looks.

Comments, questions?

Beautiful job.

How are the sides fixed to the copper?

Is the base flange formed by folding?

What kind of laquer did you use for the copper? Did you consider other
finishes, such as plating or verdigris?

What switch did you use for the attenuator?

cheers, Ian

Hi Ian,

The mahogany is bolted with four long brass rods running in the corners
of the chassis and threaded on each end.

Yes, the base flange was folded under by the sheet metal shop on their
brake.

I used clear lacquer that I bought at Home Depot in spray cans. I
really didn't consider anything else because I wanted the look of the
copper.

The attenuator is a 100K version that I bought from a guy in Taiwan via
ebay for about $60. It is very well-made.

Best regards,

Raymond