Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Original 1983 Marantz CD63

"Serge Auckland" wrote in
message

However, the CD63 has a very noisy spindle motor, and I'd
very much like to quieten it so I could use it in a
second system. From looking at the CDM1 service manual,
it doesn't look like the motor is able to be serviced. It
says that the bearings are sealed and shouldn't be
lubricated. I'm reluctant to try and dismantle the motor
as that could well stop the CD player working at all.
Does anybody here know of a source for CDM1 mechanism
motors, or indeed whole mechanisms? Alternatively, I'd be
happy to buy a complete faulty CD player that has the
same mechanism, provided obviously, the motor isn't at
fault.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

AFAIK, CDM1 transports are like hen's teeth.

Your most likely source would be another CD63.