Posted to rec.audio.car
mfreak mfreak is offline

Default Power wire. 8ga.?

1 8g wire from the front to back is plenty for your system, you aren't
drawing so much power that you'd need a 4g. I do find it strange that
he ran 2 long 8g runs though, I'd just run one, then have a distro
block in the trunk. That'd be a much better option imo.. 2 wires cost
twice as much, you need 2 fuses near the battery, and there's twice the
probability that you could damage the wire, etc..

I would never mash 2 8g wires into a 4g distro block hole, I dont think
it'd be that secure.. If your distro block has 3+ 8g holes on it, I'd
run the battery to one of em, and the amps to the other 2.