Default A Comparison

wrote in message
oups.com...
There are far too many replys for me to read, so I'm probably repeating
what others have said.

First, adding heatsinks or changing the fan will probably void the
warranty, so it doesn't matter how good QSC's warranty is if you
modify.

I was not being serious.

Second, there are some important specs not mentioned below that will
affect the audible performance. Things like TIM distortion and slew
rate, overload recovery (maybe not so important with so much power),
freedom from crossover effects. Frequency response isn't mentioned, but
it's easy to acheive good frequency response in a power amp.

If you visit www.qscaudio.com and click on the produst links, you will find
their amps are if anything over built. I was late and it was tired when I
made the post.

In conclusion, even a staunch objectivist like me can't make a valid
comparison given the specs below.

wrote:
Krell 350 Watt monoblocks @ $17,500.00 per pair
350 watts wpc @ 8 Ohms
700 wpc @4 Ohms
1400 wpc @ 2 Ohms
Signal to noise = 118db 95 db @ 2.83 V
THD = .05% 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Input Impedance = 100 K Ohms
Input Sensitivity = 2.6v RMS for max power
Voltage gain = 26.4 db

QSC PLX 3402 Stereo amp $1200.00
700 wpc @ 8 Ohms
1100 wpc @ 4 ohms
1700 wpc @ 2 ohms
Signal to noise 107 db
THD = .03% 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Input Impedance = 6 K ohms
Input sensitivity = 1.9 Volts @ 8 ohms
Voltage gain = 32 db

I figure you get the QSC and either modify it by adding heat sinks or
replacing the fans with very quiet ones,
and still have saved around $15,000.00 and not be able to hear any
difference.

If you have a difference of opinion, please provide the technical reason
why
you disagree
that would account for any differences in sound quality.

Go ahead Robert, get technical, I'm sure I can find someone to translate
if
it gets to technical for what you think is my lack of brainpower.