Trevor Wilson

Default the mckelviphibian stinks thusly

wrote in message
ups.com...
The moron asked:

What's the IM for each of these?
What is the damping factor?
What is the slew rate, not measured under small signal conditions, but,
say,
half way to the rails?
What is the power supply capacity of each?
__________________________________________________ ____--

Bob, thanks for once again showing you don't know ****.
You really think the damping factor is an issue? You aren't aware of
the fact that this is a meaningless spec?

**You idiot! Output impedance (nee: Damping factor) is VERY important.
Audible frequency response flaws can be detected in many amplifiers, solely
due to poor output impedance figures.

If you want the specs, you can go to their website and get them
www.qscaudio.com

Since they've been in business for 30 years and have their equipment in
some of the most famous venues in the country, I have to assume their
equipment is tough enough to do the job.

**No doubt. 'Tough', does not necessarily equate to 'good', however. 'Tough'
is sometimes, well, just tough. An M1 Abrams tank is tough, but I'd rather
drive a Porsche on a day to day basis.

The amps I gave specs for is a so called Class H design, and I have had
experience with that design in the past and they are stable and kick
out all the power they are called on to produce.

**Yep. So-called 'Class H' designs generally suck in decent audio systems.
The rapid change in rail Voltages causes massive changes in output device
characteristics. Those characteristics often cannot be countered through the
use of Global NFB. Ever wonder why NAD dropped their variant of the system?
Ever wondered why few decent amps use it?

Bob embarrasses himself further:

Contrary to what the mckelviphiban stinks, I am not a subjectivist. I
do
believe my ears can tell me alot, however, without the necessity of
blind
testing.

Like Hell you're not a subjectivist, if you weren't you'd know better
than to make stupid statements about not needing blind testing.

Maybe you think you're some kind of half assed objectivist, but you
don't have the diligence. DBT's for amps are essential if you really
think you hear differences between amps that measure well.

**Perhaps, but you've yet to supply even a fraction of the numbers required.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au