Stewart Pinkerton

Default Does anyone know of this challenge?

From: Stewart Pinkerton

Date: 4/27/2004 9:55 AM Pacific Standard Time

The choice of speaker system is free to the challenger, so what's your
problem? BTW, electrical measurements are irrelevant, we're talking
about *sound* quality here. Once a difference in *sound* has been
established, it's easy enough to pin it down, because it is IME
*always* tied to a gross technical problem, nothing at all subtle!

Given the fact that you have reported hearing differences between certain
models of amplifiers in your own blind tests, why don't you take the challenge
and collect the 10K?

Because the differences were down to easily traceable technical
faults, and while I *could* build an amp which would both meet the
criteria and be instantly identifiable, it would not be within the
*spirit* of the challenge. It would not be a 'superior' high end amp,
but would have some quite horrific colourations (or a very high noise
floor) which are not covered in the entry criteria. I don't see the
point of cheating for its own sake on such a test..........