Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff

Default subtract one WAV file

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Ron Capik spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Mr.T spake thus:

wrote in message
oups.com...

What program will add them?

What one won't?

Sound Forge, apparently; I looked high and low, but can't find any
function that adds two signals together. (There is an "invert"
function, though.) Anyone who can prove me wrong? It'd be nice to
be able to do.

You didn't look hard enough. Look in "process" for "channel
converter" or you could use the Mix+ function with one of the data
sets inverted.

None of which are present in my software. I've got Sound Forge XP 4.5,
which I suspect is "crippleware" (it was bundled with my sound card).
What version do you have, and where is the "Mix+" function?

Don't think XP4.5 could be bescribed as crippleware, or if that function is
available in that limited version (under Edit | Paste Special), but
SoundForge is version 8 now ....

The bundled versions of most software are often reduced capability wrt the
full version, but fully functional. Crippleware is software that lets you
do all sorts of things then prevents you from completing what you did, like
not enabling saving.

geoff