Posted to rec.audio.tech
David Nebenzahl

Default subtract one WAV file

spake thus:

wrote:

When I invert a WAV and mix it with itself, I don't get silence.
Anyone know why?

Sure.

Unless the inverted copy is EXACTLY in sync and EXACTLY the
same, sample-for-sample, you WON'T get silence.

Yes, but if the OP is inverting a file and mixing it with itself, that
means it *should* be an exact inverse copy, and hence the mix should
result in silence. Your reply in no way addresses this mystery. I assume
the mixing is being done immediately after inversion, which should
eliminate any differences between copies as you're postulating.

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"