Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design

Default Convention for naming for audio adaptors and leads

Andre Majorel wrote:

Don't have any usage statistics handy but I know that when I
read "phono" I have to stop and think what it might be. Creative
spelling for "phone jack" ? The actual device ? Something else ?
Oh, you meant an "RCA" or "Cinch" ? Why not write that, then ?

Other than the fact that RCA developed the connectors for its add on
45 RPM record changers? They sold radios with the mating connector, and
added a switch to the existing radio designs so people could buy the
changer, only if they needed it. Cinch had nothing to do with the
original connector design.

Why should we pander to those with feeble minds?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.