Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design

Default Convention for naming for audio adaptors and leads

On 3/23/2009 5:44 AM Don Pearce spake thus:

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 06:38:41 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

* the original "RCA phono" connector is also known as "Cinch",
particularly outside the US.

Cinch is a connector company that makes hundreds of types. I've never
come across the RCA phono referred to as a Cinch. The shorthand
nomenclature, certainly here in the UK, is always Phono.

I thought the company was Cinch-Jones, or some such. Is that an old name?

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)