Posted to rec.audio.pro
rakman rakman is offline

Default Got the mastered tracks back!!! Now I see what mastering does!!!

On May 14, 5:01*am, RD Jones wrote:
On May 13, 6:29*am, rakman wrote:

On May 12, 10:19*pm, "Mr.Will" wrote:

I had a listen and it really didnt sound any different at all!
Everything seemed a little clearer, and the high hats pushed through a bit
more, could make out the vocalists words a bit better - it wasnt bad before,
the mastering has just subtly made it a little "cleaner"..........

Anyone want to hear?

Mr.Will

Yeah some before and after mp3s might be interesting.

Decimating it down to empty3's defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?

reddog

Lol. Yeah. Inadvertent trolling.
But downloading/streaming some big-ass PCM file
takes too long for my liking, though.

Some songs sound better at 24/96, some sound
better at 24/48, some better at 16/44.1.
Occasionally a 320kbps mp3 at 48K sounds better than
a 16/44.1 wav, or just as good, at least to my ears.
I also think we get a perfectly good musical/sonic experience
from YouTube videos, personally.

So what's your magic format that makes
mp3 look like such a joke?