Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default The Vinylizer

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:07:04 -0700, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

"Scott" wrote in message

On Aug 15, 6:30=A0am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message

On Aug 13, 4:04=3DA0pm, John Nunes
wrote:

Many (most?) audiophiles have a prejudice against
musically important historic recordings because they
aren't exciting or interesting "audio" material.
=3DA0Funny that, with all the purple prose and hand
waving about "musicality" and so on.
Nothing like the smell of burning straw in the evening.

Agreed.

I suggest you take a look at the music being reissued by
audiophile labels and then get back to us.

Information about offerings does not address the
question.

Sure it does. Economics 101. Supply and demand.

The supply wouldn't exist were it not for the demand.

You can't tell that to a boy who was raised in Detroit among huge lots of
brand new cars that nobody wanted to buy.

You can't tell that to a boy who worked in a store that sold records and saw
how records that were pressed but did not sell were handled.

All I can say is that wrt the records, that was then , this is now. Cars? As
long as Detroit's car marketing mantra is to "offend no one" then they won't
please very many people either, and most of their over-priced,
under-engineered, and poorly made cars will continue to sell poorly against
the Japanese, Koreans, and soon, the Chinese.