Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default The Vinylizer

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 06:17:15 -0700, Scott wrote
(in article ):

On Aug 15, 6:30=A0am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message

On Aug 13, 4:04=3DA0pm, John Nunes
wrote:

Many (most?) audiophiles have a prejudice against
musically important historic recordings because they
aren't exciting or interesting "audio" material.
=3DA0Funny that, with all the purple prose and hand waving
about "musicality" and so on.
Nothing like the smell of burning straw in the evening.

Agreed.

I suggest you take a look at the music being reissued by
audiophile labels and then get back to us.

Information about offerings does not address the question.

Sure it does. Economics 101. Supply and demand. The supply wouldn't
exist were it not for the demand.

That's exactly right. Like I mentioned in another post, there are a goodly
number of businesses mastering and manufacturing phonograph records these
days. In large part, the records they make are much more carefully mastered
and manufactured than they were in vinyl's heyday. And, they are expensive;
expensive to buy, and expensive to make. If there weren't enough buyers to
maintain the market, most of these concerns would go away. The fact that they
are still here, and report that their business is good (even in this
depression) tells us pretty much all we need to know about the business as it
stands today.