Posted to rec.audio.high-end
bob bob is offline

Default Sad News

On Jul 27, 9:01*am, Sonnova wrote:

Gordon believed in both. He thought that if DBT showed NO differences, that
was the end of it. But if they showed some differences, these could be best
identified and characterized by long-term listening.

That may have been his belief in later years. I don't think it was
reflected in Stereophile even in its pre-commercial phase.

As I understand it, Holt's basic philosophy was that the subjective
listening experience should be the measure of audio quality. That
philosophy has informed an audiophile subculture that embraces cables,
tweaks and other snake oil, whatever Holt's eventual views on those
items. That's a significant part of his legacy, I think.

bob