Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default RCA speaker cable/patch cable

WindsorFoxSS wrote:
jamesgangnc wrote:
I'll bet for every album listener there is 10,000 listening to some
other format.

Maybe. I'm sure you pulled that number out of your hind end, but
it could be close to correct. It is still most likely more than you
think it is though, which was my only point.

I'm game. Why? Can't say that I frequent any music categories that
might tend to have something really obscure but it sure seems like
just about everything is available on cds these days. At least
everyting that got released on vinyl.

Which actually doesn't have a lot to do with why some people listen
to records. If it were then you're only a $70 USB turntable away from
100% digital bliss. The same reason some people listen to tubes and some
people put those little riser thingies under their speaker wire.

That's just silly. Personally, I listen to the LPs because I have them,
have had them for 40 years or so, and have the equipment to listen to
them. I don't listen to them exclusively. I don't listen to them every
day. Most of what I have is available on MP3 or CD--but not all. I
don't listen to every single piece often enough to either digitize or
replace it with CD, as it would cost many thousands of dollars (many of
which I've already spent, years ago)...or countless hours.

Personally, I prefer the ease and accessibility (and sound) of popping
in a CD, or pulling up a file; but I also enjoy pulling out an old track
I haven't even thought about in years....

I've never been a consumer of snake oil. My speaker cables came from
Home Depot, bulk (labeled SOJ). Most of my gear was bought second-hand
at thrift stores, pawn shops or yard sales...some eBay, some picked up
off the curb. Much of it was non-functional, incomplete or defective in
some fashion when I obtained it. I haven't paid a service person a dime
in 30 years....

I don't have special power cords, outlet covers, magic rocks or anything
else of that ilk.

jak