Posted to rec.audio.tech
whosbest54[_2_] whosbest54[_2_] is offline

Default RCA speaker cable/patch cable

In article ,
says...

The stereo (amplifier) and speakers does use use RCA/phono
connections. I didn't realize until today that stereo RCA speaker
cable even existed (I never saw it before). Just to be clear, the mono
RCA cable has two plugs (one on each end), and the stereo RCA speaker
cable has four plugs (two on each end). I've always used two mono
cables. I was just wondering if one stereo cable would be better or
the same as two mono cables.

Yes, I've seen several inexpensive systems that used RCA (phono) plugs for
speakers. Typically, the wire is 2-conductor 20 gauge speaker wire, not 75 ohm
shielded cable like normal line level audio stereo cables.

In your instance, it doesn't really make any difference what sort of connector
you use, whether speaker or line level. The existing connectors are probably
fine as long as we're not taking about an excessive length of wire.

whosbest54

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/rmb.html