Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default RCA speaker cable/patch cable

"Mike S." wrote ...
I have an old stereo with two (left and right) audio outputs that I
want to connect to two speakers. Should I use two mono RCA speaker
cables or one stereo RCA speaker cable, or is it the same either way?
I just didn't know if two mono cables are the same as one stereo
cable.

There is no functional difference between "two mono cables"
and "a stereo cable". It isn't magic.

HOWEVER, it is highly questionable whether any
output from audio equipment using RCA jacks is
*speaker level*. I would assume that it is NOT and
will not work to connect speakers to, unless proved
otherwise.

Note that unless you identify the equipment you are
talking about, we can only speak in generalities which
is of doubtful usefuleness to you.