Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

Default Alesis HD24/BRC Glitch or normal operation?

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 12:00:50 GMT, Mike Rivers
wrote:

Richard Crowley wrote:

The impression I got from the Yahoo HD24 forum was that the BRC
and the HD24 aren't very compatible.

This is true. Alesis never made the full remote for the HD24, though I
wouldn't have expected it to (not) behave as Rick described. Maybe it
has to do with kick starting the time code. Remember that the original
Alesis ADAT required that the tape be formatted before using it. The way
that the HD24 uses the disk isn't with a full random access file system,
it emulates a tape (or rather three of them).

Research has shown that what I originally posted about is normal
behavior for this combination. I can live with it.

Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music - Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/rickruskin