Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Hi Scott!

On Apr 8, 4:38*am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Apr 7, 1:08*am, hophead wrote:

In article 6b3b6837-7dc1-44ee-9465-078b3da31769
@i37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com, says...

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea is number 1? Really? Number one?

Did the publisher of this list die in 1940 or something?

Funny coincident: I had to leave at a brutally early time to make a
flight for a conference yesterday (4:00 AM) and I forgot to bring a
book. I did happen to have a copy of some "classic" literature on my
iPod touch and 20,000 Leagues was among the list so I started reading it
again -- I had read it many years ago, but had even forgotten my
impression of the book.

I certainly wouldn't rank it in the top 20, but I admit I'm enjoying it
quite a bit, especially when I consider when it was written.

no Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse 5
no Tom Wolfe, The Painted Word
no Kerouac, Desolation Angels
no Kesey, One Flew Ove the Cuckoo's Nest
no Harper, to Kill a Mockingbird
no Steinbeck, and Mark Twain barely made it

How do you feel those stack up against Shakespeare or Dickens?

Anyway, I posted a list of the top 2236 books of the 20th century so
that you won't get heart palpatations. I'm sure those are on there.