Posted to rec.audio.opinion
hophead hophead is offline

Default Hi Scott!

In article 6b3b6837-7dc1-44ee-9465-078b3da31769
@i37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com, says...

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea is number 1? Really? Number one?

Did the publisher of this list die in 1940 or something?

Funny coincident: I had to leave at a brutally early time to make a
flight for a conference yesterday (4:00 AM) and I forgot to bring a
book. I did happen to have a copy of some "classic" literature on my
iPod touch and 20,000 Leagues was among the list so I started reading it
again -- I had read it many years ago, but had even forgotten my
impression of the book.

I certainly wouldn't rank it in the top 20, but I admit I'm enjoying it
quite a bit, especially when I consider when it was written.