Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion,uk.rec.audio
Bret Ludwig

Default The Risible and Bizarre History of the Oinkerton Challenge, by the Victor

John Byrns wrote:
In article .com, "Andre
Jute" wrote:

Well then, Arny, let's see you defend this thick, lying scumbag,
Pinkothicko. And when you finish with him we have another undesirable
for you to defend, one Graham Poopie Bear, who claims to be a famous
silicon designer of muzak gear.

The silicon muzak gear was all junk with poor sonics, the truly great
muzak gear was the tube stuff, I have a muzak single ended amplifier using
one of RCA's best output tubes in a great little amplifier.

Having actually worked on Muzak gear all I can say is, "you must be
joking". The single ended amp I remember was one that used a single
7591 or some such and was suitable for emulating a Fender Champ pretty
well if you did some rewiring. The push-pull amps were a lot like the
vast majority of utility grade amps such as Newcombs, Websters, Bogens,
etc. using catalog Stancor or Thordarson OPTs of no special merit.