Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default What drives Arny to lie?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

Robert Morein wrote:

I've never known Arny to *lie*.

He's pretty reliable as far as I'm concerned. He knows a damn sight more
about audio than most contributors here.

Thanks for the assist Graham, but you really have to understand Morein's
situation.

He's been caught in many lies, some of which regrettably terminated his
academic career.

Given that he was at the time, a 50-year-old college student with no other
professional experience, the acute nature of his situation should be
clear.

Now we have a clear case of a lie.
I have ample "professional experience."
Arny will respond by saying, "prove it", to which I respond with the
following:

You have made a statement that is either true or untrue about me. If a
person made a statement about another person that was not true, then in a
libel case, the person who made the statement is liable, regardless of
whether the subject person denied or affirmed the statement.

In other words,
I do not have to reveal on this forum what my professional experience is for
you to lie about it. It is a dirty debating tactic to assert as truth about
a person what you do not know. In fact, it is a lie. Now, what about the
status of your NAMBLA membership. Would you care to deny that you are, or
have ever been, a member of NAMBLA? Refer to the preceding discussion, for
guidance, if you like.

Now, returning to audio, Arny provides the following link:
http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/ampins/webbop/5532.htm, the website of one
Douglas Self, who has a webpage on the 5532, with a nice drafting paper
background. Apparently, Mr. Self likes the 5532. However, regardless of Mr.
Self's professional experience, there are many people in the world who
dislike the 5532, which is one of the reasons so many equipment mods are
offered to replace it.

Now, it is possible that the 5532 is a good device when used in a limited
fashion. I do use it, in a limited fashion. Certainly, it is ubiquitous. But
I have noted on many occasions that 5532 outputs sound strained in
comparison to discrete outputs. When I turn the gain up past approximately
unity, on the numerous pieces I have in my collection, there is a
deterioration in sound quality. I have found that, subjectively, this is
completely avoidable by buffering with a preamp that has a discrete output
stage. The more gain an opamp is required to provide, the lower the loop
feedback, and the higher distortion. Another consideration is the length of
cable used between the preamp and the amplifier.

I said that Arny lied. Perhaps what I should have said is that he used a
dirty debating tactic, which is simply a sophisticated form of lying. One
individual of significant reputation remarked to me that Arny is the most
intellectually dishonest person he has ever met. I concur in this.