TCS

Default Terms?

On 04 Nov 2003 09:57:48 -0600, Todd H. wrote:
Popcorn Lover writes:

Where do I learn about all the modern audio terms?

I need to buy a receiver for bedroom DVD surround sound and don't know what
all the terms mean, like "home theater", "dolby digital" etc. I want the
nicest surround sound that I can afford, which ain't much.

Crutchfield.com on their website and in their print catalog actually
does a fairly decent job at explaining these things in layman's
terms.

Most of the time. Crutchfield frequently passes along incorrect
definitions like they used to say that "oversampling" is when a CD player
reads the data multiple times and takes an average.