Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank D. Greco Frank D. Greco is offline

Default Vox AC 30 amp "Most mic'd amp"- really?

"yrret" sez:

While at the store I found for most sounds it sounded as good as I imagine
an amp could sound. I didn't buy it (yet) mainly b/c I feel I should have
something with a modern growl (I guess I'm looking to discover I'm wrong or
a certain pedal through the f/x can add it.)

This is probably best discussed in one of the guitar/amp newsgroups, but I can't
resist...

The Vox AC-30 is a great classic amp from clean (Beatles) to total saturation
(Brian May - Queen). Indeed its hard to make it sound bad. It can growl with
the best of them.

You might want to try Brown Note (BrownNote.net) amps if you want a bit more of
a modern accent.