Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] billy@MIX.COM is offline

Default Metering Software Question

Mike Rivers writes:

[...] this is a user interface thing, and everybody has his own idea
of what's right, and what's wrong. I think that Mac computers and
iPhones are nonsensical, but then I'm used to Windows and Androids.
I get products that do what I want, mostly, and there are always some
compromises. Sometimes it's in features or functions, sometimes it's
in the user interface. Once I decide on the features I can't live
without, I figure I can always learn how to use it.

Here, I can generally hack my way to happiness, although recent OS
releases have been progressively making this much more painful.

One not so small example is Apple moving to compiled NIBs (NextStep
Interface Builder, a component of an application), which makes changing
the 'look and feel' of a program a hell of a lot more difficult.

Not giving your users what they want is one thing, and then making it
tougher amnd tougher for them to just do it on their own is far worse.

Were Steve Jobs still alive I would call this intentional on Apple's
part. Maybe his ghost is still lingering there..... Sadly, though,
it's definitely no longer affecting the quality (control) of OS X.

It's too easy to fixate on what's wrong with the user interface, and
that's what I see here.

Geez, I'm just replying to stuff others have brought up in this thread.

You CAN learn to ignore what's bugging you.

Heh. I could also just bring in my own recorders. I wouldn't get
paid, but I don't need the money, and I actually do like the show.
Which is very rare for me. It's the Carmichael Show, on NBC in the
USA.

Billy Y..
--
sub #'9+1 ,r0 ; convert ascii byte